A work of the German architect Heike Hanada, this new museum opens in time for the centenary of the Bauhaus, founded by Walter Gropius in Weimar in 1919. With its clear-cut geometry, the five-floor concrete volumes presents horizontal grooves on the facades, along with embedded LED strips that light up the building at night, accentuating the simple lines of the monolith.
Located between the city center and Schwanseepark, the museum has 2,000 square meters of galleries in which to display close to 1,000 art pieces of the Bauhaus. The visitor’s journey through the school’s history starts on the first floor with spaces focused on its beginnings in Weimar. Other halls explain how Bauhaus ideas were implemented or throw light on the school’s different phases under its three directors: Walter Gropius, Hannes Meyer, and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
analyzes in each issue a theme related to a city, a country, a tendency or an
architect, with articles by leading specialists complemented by commentary on works
and projects illustrated in detail. Published bilingually, with Spanish and English
texts placed side by side.
covers current topics, taking stock of recent trends in set sections: cover story,
works and projects, art and culture, books, technique and innovation. From 2013
on, monthly and bilingual, with Spanish and English texts printed side by side.
is the third member of the AV family: a bilingual publication essentially focussed
on design projects (with special attention on competitions and construction details),
heretofore only laterally dealt with in the other two magazines.